- Heritage Data - searches 60 sources, local and national, to find information on site and buildings in England
- British History Online
- English Place Name Survey - covers the origins of English places name, with references to their sources
- Yorkshire Historical Dictionary - a dictionary of over 4000 words, tracking the development of the Yorkshire language
None added yet - you can help by suggesting a source here.
This may be because there are no more easy to access sources to add to this article so consider looking below to find some harder to access sources or images or other miscellaneous sources.
- West Yorkshire Archive Service - an archive of many documents relating to West Yorkshire, which can be found in several locations including Morley and Wakefield and can be searched (but not viewed) here. Visiting here to find a record would be very valuable to any article, see their website for more details.
- The National Archives - the largest archive in the UK, which can be found in Kew, London and can be searched (but not always viewed) here. While it is quite a trip, several important documents relating to Rothwell and its surrounding areas can only be found here. See their website for details on visiting.
None added yet - you can help by searching the general hard access sources and suggesting a source by clicking here.
If you can't find any records about this article consider looking above to find some easy to access sources or below for images or other miscellaneous sources.
- Leodis - search for images of Rothwell and its surrounding areas to put on the page. Important note: you must first contact Leodis via email and ask whether you can use any particular image, highlighting that this is a non-commercial website.
- Geography Britain and Ireland - search for images of Rothwell and its surrounding areas to put on the page. Important note: you must attribute the creator of the image in the same way it is done on this example page.
- openverse - search for images of Rothwell and its surrounding areas to put on the page. Important note: you must attribute the creator of the image according to the liscence under which the image is distributed.